Rational Solution for Collaborative Lifecycle Management
Enhance productivity with an integrated application lifecycle management (ALM) solution to avoid the pitfalls of working in silos with broken communication which results in project delays, low quality or budget overrun. This solution brings requirements management, quality management, testing, change and configuration management, and design management on a unified platform.
Delivering innovative, quality software means unifying teams spread across time zones, geographies, processes, platforms, tools and an extended supply chain involving contractors and vendors in outsourced projects. The Rational solution for Collaborative Lifecycle Management is built on the unifying, open Jazz platform and is designed to deliver effective application lifecycle management (ALM) for traditional, agile or hybrid teams.
Start with any of the seamlessly integrated capabilities and templates: requirements management, quality and test management, change and configuration management or design management and extend as your needs evolve to achieve these five imperatives for success:
Deliver enduring software quality from concept to launch to retirement. Quality management and testing solutions from Rational help organizations achieve consistency, efficiency and predictability with software quality that meets objectives and testing strategies that validate and verify applications for any platform and test type.
- Rational Security AppScan family: Static and dynamic application security testing throughout development. Automates application security testing by scanning applications, identifying vulnerabilities and generating reports with intelligent fix recommendations to ease remediation.
- Rational Asset Analyzer family: Capture, maintain and take advantage of application knowledge. Rational Asset Analyzer products reduce the time and effort required to analyze applications for business changes. They give your entire team insight into relationships within and among mainframe and composite applications. Now development teams can work more efficiently and productively to deliver changes and enhancements in days instead of months.
- Rational Functional Tester: Automated functional testing and regression testing software. Is an automated functional testing and regression testing tool. This software provides automated testing capabilities for functional, regression, GUI, and data-driven testing. Rational Function Tester supports a range of applications, such as web-based, .Net, Java, Siebel, SAP, terminal emulator-based applications, PowerBuilder, Ajax, Adobe Flex, Dojo Toolkit, GEF, Adobe PDF documents, zSeries, iSeries, and pSeries.
- Rational Functional Tester Plus: Powerful automated testing solution for improved software quality. Is a bundle of two functional and regression testing solutions: Rational Functional Tester and Rational Robot. It enables testing of a variety of software applications including Java, web, Microsoft .NET, and thick-client technology-based applications. Rational Functional Tester Plus helps validate application quality and enhances productivity with a rich set of advanced testing tools.
- Rational Performance Test Server: Prevent the costly impact of poor application performance.
Rational Performance Test Server is a workload test engine that allows you to validate application performance and scalability. The solution maximizes use of your test infrastructure to quickly deploy load scenarios and create large-scale system test activity.
Rational Performance Test Server helps you test the performance of your applications and resolve problems before they become costly.
- Rational Performance Tester family: Performance-testing solutions with simplified analysis and automation features.
Rational Performance Tester products offer performance testing solutions that validate the scalability of web and server applications. These products help to quickly identify the presence and cause of system performance bottlenecks with simplified test creation and automation features. Results analysis allow for early repair of application errors.
- Rational Purify family: Dynamic software analysis with memory debugging and memory leak protection.
Rational Purify is a dynamic software analysis toolset that provides memory debugging and that detects memory leaks. Rational Purify improves the reliability of software applications by identifying difficult to find memory errors, such as uninitialized memory access, buffer overflow, and improper freeing of memory. Because Rational Purify does not require access to source code, it can be used with third-party libraries.
- Rational Quality Manager: Quality and test management for value-driven software delivery.
Rational Quality Manager is a collaborative hub for business-driven software and systems quality across virtually any platform and type of testing. This software helps teams share information seamlessly, use automation to accelerate project schedules and report on metrics for informed release decisions.
- Rational Robot: Automation for regression, functional and configuration testing.
Rational Robot automates regression, functional and configuration testing for e-commerce, client/server and enterprise resource planning (ERP) applications. It is used to test applications based on a wide variety of user interface technologies. This software integrates with the Rational TestManager solution to provide desktop management support for all testing activities.
- Rational Service Tester for SOA Quality: Accelerated testing for SOA applications and web services.
Rational Service Tester for SOA Quality is a functional and regression testing tool that enables code-free testing of non-GUI services. Rational Service Tester for SOA Quality helps software delivery teams ensure the functionality, interoperability and performance of service-oriented architecture (SOA) software and web services.
Rational Service Tester for SOA Quality helps software teams perform and deliver quality assurance.
- Rational Test RealTime: Cross-platform solution for component testing and runtime analysis.
Rational Test RealTime is a cross-platform solution for component testing and runtime analysis. It is designed for developers creating complex systems for embedded, real-time and other cross-platform distributed applications. This software helps you debug and correct errors before they go into production code.
- Rational Test Virtualization Server: Virtualize complex systems to create cost-effective test environments.
Rational Test Virtualization Server enables the deployment of virtualized services, software, and applications for simplified, efficient testing. It accelerates the delivery of complex test environments and enables you to complete integration testing earlier and more frequently in the development cycle.
Rational Test Virtualization Server helps you eliminate application test dependencies and reduce setup time and infrastructure costs.
- Rational Test Workbench: Comprehensive functional, regression, load and integration testing.
Rational Test Workbench provides a comprehensive test automation solution for mobile applications, regression testing, integration technologies and performance and scalability testing. It helps you build intelligent and interconnected enterprise applications that can be deployed on traditional and cloud infrastructures. With Rational Test Workbench, you can significantly reduce test cycle times, moving integration testing earlier in the development lifecycle.
Rational Test Workbench delivers test automation for all types of applications, including mobile using physical device or mobile emulator.
Application development software can help software development teams construct and deliver their projects faster and with higher quality.
- Rational Dashboard: A performance dashboard, is a Web-based application that helps automate the collection, measurement and analysis of data. Leverage Rational Dashboard to determine how well your project is performing relative to your goals. With its intelligent data collection, indicators, and built-in best practice library, Rational Dashboard helps enhance decision making to help you succeed.
- Rational Data and Application Modeling Bundle: Combines data modeling, integration, and development with UML visual application modeling tools.
Rational Data and Application Modeling Bundle offers a single package for data and applications development.
Combines Rational Data Architect for enterprise data modeling and database development, and Rational Software Modeler for Eclipse-based UML 2.1 visual modeling and design.
- Rational Developer family: Integrated Development Environments for mobile, distributed, mainframe, and midrange platforms. The Rational Integrated Development Environments (IDEs) run on the developer’s desktop, providing rich capabilities for developing, unit testing, debugging, analyzing, modernizing, and optimizing applications.
- Rational EGL Community Edition: EGL Community Edition is a free Eclipse-based tool that simplifies the development of rich Web 2.0 style applications.
- Rational Host Access Transformation Services: Reuse and transform your existing applications.
Rational Host Access Transformation Services (HATS) transforms traditional text-based interfaces—such as 3270 and 5250 green-screen applications—into web, portlet, rich client or mobile device user interfaces. It also extends 3270, 5250 and virtual terminal (VT) applications as standard web services. With Rational HATS, you can easily convert traditional text-based host application screens to user-friendly GUIs.
Rational HATS is available in the following packages: Rational HATS for Multiplatforms and HATS for Linux on zSeries, Rational HATS for 5250 Applications on Multiplatforms, and Rational HATS for 5250 Applications on i5/OS.
Rational HATS allows you to reuse and repurpose your existing assets in innovative ways.
- Rational Host Integration Solution: A complete solution for host application access and modernization.
Rational Host Integration Solution offers a complete host access and modernization solution for multiple environments. You can access green-screen applications independent of platform, network, connectivity or host system. Rational Host Integration Solution includes three core components for creating and deploying advanced business applications that integrate and transform your host systems: Rational Host Access Transformation Services, Rational Host On-Demand and IBM Personal Communications. IBM Communications Servers, included with this solution, support the core components.
Rational Host Integration Solution provides advanced modernization tools for your host systems in a single solution that offers the flexibility to mix and match client and server components to meet your unique needs.
- Rational Host On-Demand: Security-rich browser access to host applications and data.
Rational Host On-Demand provides security-rich web-to-host terminal emulation and host access application programming support from a single interface. Rational Host On-Demand provides connectivity to TN3270E, TN5250, VT52, VT100, VT220 and VT420 systems; IBM CICS applications; and FTP servers. Rational Host On-Demand is available as a stand-alone product or as part of the IBM Host Access Client Package and the IBM Rational Host Integration Solution.
Rational Host On-Demand provides low-cost, centrally deployed host access and easy, centralized administration.
- Rational Modeler: The Rational Modeler product is a free UML-based software design tool.
Leverage free UML based modeling to specify, visualize, and document systems and software designs using the free Rational Modeler product.
Orchestration for insight, predictability and control.
Software change and configuration management enable you to effectively manage and control project assets through the software and systems lifecycle.
- Rational Change:An integrated, enterprise solution for reliable change management.
Rational Change is a web-based change management solution that offers comprehensive change tracking and change control. Rational Change unifies software change management and configuration management repositories through a centralized change server.
Rational Change improves consistency and accountability when managing software changes.
- Rational ClearCase family: A software configuration management solution.
Rational ClearCase is a software configuration management solution that provides version control, workspace management, parallel development support, and build auditing. You can integrate Rational ClearCase with other solutions, including Rational Team Concert, Rational ClearQuest, Rational Asset Manager, and Rational Application Developer for WebSphere Software. Rational ClearCase scales to any size team from small workgroup to large, geographically distributed teams.
- Rational ClearQuest family: Deliver better software with a comprehensive lifecycle management solution.
Rational ClearQuest is application lifecycle management (ALM) software that provides flexible change and defect tracking, customizable processes, real-time reporting and lifecycle traceability for better visibility and control of the software development lifecycle. This solution provides scalable, multiplatform support to any size organization, so you can continue to use your customized processes as your organization’s needs evolve. Rational ClearQuest supports the IBM AIX, HP-UX, Linux, Sun Solaris and Microsoft Windows operating systems.
Rational ClearQuest can improve visibility and control of software development projects.
- Rational Lifecycle Integration Adapters: Extend application lifecycle management with integrations to third-party tools.
Rational Lifecycle Integration Adapters extend the Rational application lifecycle management (ALM) solution with integrations to a number of third-party tools. Customers are able to practice ALM in a diverse lifecycle tools environment, allowing them to leverage their current lifecycle tools investments.
- Rational Lifecycle Package: Streamline workflow with application lifecycle management tools and best practices.
Rational Lifecycle Package is a bundle of software products that provides flexible, integrated support for application lifecycle management (ALM). These products help distributed teams to work and communicate more effectively and efficiently.
- Rational Synergy: Accelerate innovation of global software development on a unified platform.
Rational Synergy is a task-based, software configuration management (SCM) solution that brings together global, distributed development teams on a unified platform. Rational Synergy provides capabilities that help software and systems development teams work and collaborate faster and easier.
Rational Synergy software helps software delivery teams manage the complexity of global collaboration and boosts overall productivity.
- Rational Team Concert: An Agile application lifecycle management (ALM) solution.
Helps companies build better software and products with an all-in-one Agile development environment for teams, which includes agile, formal and hybrid planning and reporting, all on a common platform.
This solution offers no-charge server software and flexible pricing models. It also offers role-based licensing and multiple platform support in a single release, allowing you to implement individual components now and in the future.
In addition, Rational Team Concert provides collaborative change management capabilities. These capabilities are available separately and can be integrated with popular source control systems.
Rational Team Concert helps teams collaborate for faster software delivery.
With help from IBM architecture and design solutions, you can better align products, systems, and IT with the business; deliver more quickly on changing business needs; and gain control over your evolving architecture.
- Application Workload Modeler A workload tool for determining server and network performance.
Application Workload Modeler is a tool for determining performance of servers and network infrastructure by modeling application traffic.
- Graphical Data Display Manager (GDDM): Comprehensive and easy-to-use functions for showing data on IBM display terminals and other devices.
Graphical Data Display Manager (GDDM) is a "family" of programs that provides vital presentation services in IBM host data processing applications.
- Rational Deployment Automation Content Pack for RAFW and WAS: Accelerate complex deployments with advanced automation tools.
Rational Deployment Automation Content Pack for RAFW and WAS automates deployment of the Rational Automation Framework for WebSphere® (RAFW) and WebSphere Application Server (WAS).
Rational Automation Framework for WebSphere is a customizable framework that offers core automation benefits for complex middleware environments. WebSphere Application Server is a high performance application server for building and managing middleware applications.
Rational Deployment Automation Content Pack for RAFW and WAS speeds deployments while reducing deployment risks.
- Rational Programming Patterns: Modernizes pattern-driven programming for Pacbase applications.
Rational Programming Patterns is an integrated environment for developing and maintaining Pacbase applications within Rational software delivery platforms. This solution provides functionality adapted to the Pacbase pattern-driven development paradigm for VisualAge Pacbase applications. Rational Programming Patterns features data description patterns, programming patterns for traditional applications, macro-structure patterns, and COBOL micro-patterns.
- Rational Rhapsody family: Deliver higher quality systems and software faster.
Rational Rhapsody family provides a collaborative design, development and test environment for systems engineers and software engineers.
Rapid prototyping and execution to address errors earlier when they are least costly to fix.
Automatic consistency checking to enhance agility and improve reuse with collaboration to reduce both recurring and non-recurring costs.
Share, collaborate, and review your engineering lifecycle artifacts created with Rational Rhapsody or other design tools, such as Mathworks Simulink, with the extended engineering team.
- Rational Rose family: A UML visual modeling and application development solution.
The Rational Rose product family is designed for Unified Modeling Language (UML) based development of applications. Architects, analysts, software and database designers, and systems developers can use this family of products to produce visual models of software architectures, databases, application requirements and reusable assets, as well as formulate management-level communications.
- Rational Software Architect Family: A model-driven development platform for software architecture.
Rational Software Architect family is a suite of integrated design, modeling and development software applications, which are delivered on a highly extensible platform. The applications are built on the Eclipse open-source software framework and can be extended through a variety of Eclipse plugins, as well as extensions specifically for Rational tools. Rational Software Architect products can tame complexity, manage risk and help ensure development of high-quality software, while shortening the learning curve of new technologies.
Deliver and deploy your software efficiently, with the lowest risk of failure. The Rational build and deploy management solution takes the automation of software assembly processes to new levels to help organizations accelerate software development and delivery cycles, increase product quality, improve staff productivity, and reduce time-to-market.
- ARCAD-Rational Power Pack: Audit, impact analysis, build and deployment for IBMi software development
ARCAD-Rational Power Pack provides modern development enhancements to Rational Team Concert and Rational Developer for Power systems on IBM i. Designed specifically to complement these Rational products, ARCAD-Rational Power Pack uses deep dependency analysis to provide audit, impact analysis, intelligent build and deployment capabilities. The combined solution provides a modern collaborative development environment, supporting agile and traditional methods.
- Rational Automation Framework: Automates middleware environment build-outs, configuration management and application deployments. Rational Automation Framework automates middleware environment build-outs, middleware administration, and deployment of application and related artifacts. This customizable, extensible framework supports WebSphere middleware, Oracle WebLogic Server and JBoss Application Server. Now you can reduce costs, automate complex administration and deployment tasks, and gain control over middleware environments.
- Rational Build Forge Family: Software assembly line automates and accelerates build and release processes. Rational Build Forge products offer an adaptive execution framework that creates a software assembly line to automate and accelerate software delivery. Now you can standardize and automate repetitive tasks, uncover development bottlenecks, determine trends for specific projects and manage compliance mandates. Rational Build Forge products integrate into your current environment and support major development languages, scripts, tools and platforms.
- SmartCloud Continuous Delivery: Embrace DevOps principles, reduce cycle time, and improve operational quality. SmartCloud Continuous Delivery is a DevOps offering that accelerates the delivery of deployed business services while reducing risk, cost and improving overall application quality. These lifecycle improvements are accomplished through automated and continuous integration, deployment, testing and monitoring while at the same time providing continuous feedback.
Requirements management – the cornerstone of project success. Requirements management and requirements engineering practices are undisputedly the cornerstones of successful software and systems engineering projects. Our experience has shown that with a proper requirements definition and management solution, organizations can reduce project overruns by as much as 20 percent by limiting the number of inaccurate, incomplete, and omitted requirements. Rational software offers best practices in requirements management and definition proven to save time and money.
- Rational DOORS family: Scalable solutions for requirements definition and management. Rational DOORS is a family of requirements definition and requirements management solutions. Rational DOORS allows you to capture, trace, analyze and manage changes to information, and demonstrate compliance to regulations and standards. Rational DOORS is designed to be a scalable, collaborative, client-server database application.
- Rational Requirements Composer: Requirements definition and management to improve project outcomes. Rational Requirements Composer software empowers teams to define, manage and report on requirements in a lifecycle development project. This web-based application supports iterative, waterfall and agile-at-scale development methodologies using lightweight requirements processes. Now you can reduce rework and costs, accelerate time to market, and improve business outcomes.
- Rational RequisitePro: Manage requirements for effective project delivery. Rational RequisitePro is a requirements and use case management tool for project teams. Teams can author and share their requirements using familiar document-based methods, while using database capabilities such as traceability and impact analysis. This can improve communication and requirements management, increase quality and speed time to market.
Rational for portfolio, demand and delivery management helps companies reduce waste and increase business value by managing the end-to-end lifecycle. In the business climate today, organizations need to secure that they do the right things and focus on activities where they will gain the most value, within the boundaries of organizational strategy and business objectives.
- Rational Method Composer: Process authoring software and process library.
Rational Method Composer is a flexible process management platform with a method authoring tool and a process asset library to help you implement measured improvement of your enterprise, systems engineering, or software delivery processes. Rational Method Composer tooling lets you create, edit, manage, and publish process descriptions. The process and practice libraries provide best practice content that you can reuse as is or that you can tailor to compose your own processes.
- Rational System Architect family: Enterprise architecture for business planning and transformation. Rational System Architect is an enterprise planning solution to help you build and enhance your business and enterprise architecture. This solution provides an integrated collection of models and analytics for analysis, collaboration, and deployment of business and technology change and transformation initiatives. Rational System Architect addresses all aspects of an organization's enterprise architecture including modeling, publishing, analysis and execution.